Hand Surgery (Reconstructive)
View the results of surgical
Treatments in our Before &
After picture gallery.
Our hands are the most developed structure in our body. One can see it themselves the fine and controlled movements we can make with our fingers and can compare it with other body parts and other living creatures. The basic goal of hand surgery is its functional restoration. If your hand is impaired or damaged due to any accident, surgery will help you in improving the condition. This type of surgery helps in treating diseases that can cause pain and impair the strength, flexibility, function of your wrist and fingers. Surgery also helps in restoring the normal function of the fingers and hands which are injured by trauma or in order to correct abnormalities that were present at birth. Final outcome of hand surgery will develop over the time. Though it has been seen that advances in hand surgery can achieve near miracles in replantation and restoration, your outcome cannot be fully predicted.
The success and safety of our hand procedure will depend very much on your complete frankness with your surgeon during your consultation. Surgeon will be asking you a number of questions about your lifestyle, desires and health.
Be prepared to discuss:
- Why you want the procedure, your expectations and desired outcome
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Previous surgeries
Your surgeon may also:
- Examine your hand in detail
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Discuss likely outcomes of hand surgery and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment to restore hand function