View the results of surgical
Treatments in our Before &
After picture gallery.
Circumcision is basically the surgical removal of the skin which covers the tip of the penis. Circumcision is mostly common in newborn boys all across the world.In some families, circumcision is a spiritual ritual. It can also be a part of a family tradition, personal hygiene or preventive health care. But after the circumcision, it is generally not possible to re-create the appearance of an un-circumcised penis.
Circumcision might have various health benefits, including:
- Decreased risks of sexually transmitted infections – men who have been circumcised have lower risk of sexually transmitted infections such as HIV. Still, one should always practice safe sexual practices.
- Easier hygiene – circumcision makes it easy to wash the penis. Washing below the skin of an uncircumcised penis is mostly easy, however.
- Decreased risk of urinary tract infections – Risk of urinary tract infections is generally low in males, but these infections are common in uncircumcised males. Severe infections can lead to kidney problems too.
- Decreased risk of penile cancer – Cancer of the penis happens rarely, it’s less common in circumcised men.
- Prevention of penile problems – Rarely, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis can be not possible to retract (phimosis). This can lead to irritation of the foreskin or head of the penis.
Circumcision should not be an option if you have some blood-clotting disorders present. Apart from this, circumcision may not be appropriate for premature babies who need medical care in the hospital nursery. Circumcision does not affect fertility, nor is thought to improve or detract from sexual pleasure for men on their partners.
After The Procedure
Usually it takes about 7-10 days for the penis to heal. Penis tip is likely to become sore at first, and it may look red, swollen or bruised. You might notice a yellow crust on the tip of the penis as well. In case your newborn is fussy as the anesthetic comes out, hold him gently and careful to avoid putting pressure on the penis. It is ok to wash the penis at it heals.