View the results of surgical
Treatments in our Before &
After picture gallery.
A thigh lift is a basically a surgical procedure which is used to remove skin and fat from the thighs to tighten the skin and enhance the contour of the legs. Thigh lift is also performed in combination with other surgery, for example in amalgamation with an arm lift. It can majorly improve the appearance of the legs. The combined effects of fluctuations in weight, loss of skin elasticity, gravity and aging all add to loss of tone in the thighs as we become older. If weight loss and fitness programs have not achieved your goals to have a firm body, young looking image, and surgical thigh lift may be the apt one for you. Thigh lift reshapes the thighs by reducing the excess skin and also fat in some cases, ending in smoother skin and better-proportioned contours of thighs and lower body.
Surgeon will choose a general or a mild anesthesia (which leaves you sedated, but not unconscious). They will make the requisite incision and whether the skin is excised or lifted varies based on the type of cut and the amount of fat and skin which needs to be detached, re-shaped and/or tightened. He/she will make deep, support stitches which help form and support the new contours as part of the surgery and will close up the incisions with sutures. Surgery length and hospital stay varies is based on which type of thigh lift is chosen and if it is done with liposuction or as a lower body lift. Success of surgery will depend on your openness with the surgeon during your consultation. He/she will be asking you a number of questions regarding your health, lifestyle and desires.
Candidates for thigh lift are:
- Healthy individuals who do not have medical conditions that can impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- People whose weight is relatively stable
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what thigh lift surgery can accomplish
- Individuals with excess soft tissue along the inner or medial thigh region and/or the outer thigh
- Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle including proper nutrition and fitness
Be prepared to discuss:
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Why you want the surgery, your expectations and desired outcome
- The options available in thigh lift surgery
- Previous surgeries
- Use of current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drugs
Your surgeon may also:
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Discuss likely outcomes of thigh lift surgery and any risks or potential complications
- Examine and measure your body, including detailed measurements
- Take photographs for your medical record